Environmental Bioremediation - Microbial Biodegradation Principles
le 15 mai 2023
Code : 0502-WEB23
After participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the mechanisms of microbial biodegradation processes used in the removal of contaminants from soil and groundwater
- Develop a better understanding of the microbial and environmental factors controlling site bioremediation processes
- Identify the types of contaminants commonly found in soil and groundwater
- Learn about the kinetics of biodegradation
- Determine the type of biological processes needed for the removal of contaminants from soil and groundwater
This webinar addresses the removal of contaminants from soil and groundwater by microbial processes, focusing on microbial metabolism and biodegradation mechanisms during aerobic and anaerobic biodegradation processes. Factors controlling the effectiveness of site bioremediation, including the nature and concentration of contaminants, bioavailability and biodegradability of contaminants, type of microorganisms present at the site and environmental conditions will be discussed.
- Introduction to bioremediation
- Major contaminants of soil and groundwater
- Fundamental aspects of biodegradation: Cell metabolism
- Oxidative and reductive biodegradation processes
- Bioavailability and biodegradability of contaminants
- Microbial and environmental factors controlling bioremediation processes
- Microbial kinetics
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Engineers, Geologists, Soil Scientists, Project Managers, Consulting Engineers, Environmental Educators, Environmental Risk Managers, Environmental protection officers, Lawyers, Municipal Planners
Laleh Yerushalmi is the Chief Technology Officer of BioCAST Systems Inc. and Dagua Technologies Inc. She holds a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering and specializes in Environmental and Biochemical Engineering.
She is a professional engineer and member of l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec. Laleh is the inventor of BioCAST technologies and is currently in charge of research and development at BioCAST Systems Inc. and Dagua Technologies Inc. Laleh has more than twenty years of experience in the design, development and optimization of chemical and biological processes for wastewater treatment and site bioremediation.
She was formerly the Director of Research and Development, in charge of operation management and performance optimization of a proprietary wastewater treatment technology at Atara Corporation in Montreal. She has also been a Research Analyst at Statistics Canada, involved in environmental modeling, design and development of methodologies for the estimation of environmental emissions. She was formerly a Research Officer at the National Research Council of Canada, responsible for the design and development of groundwater treatment technologies. Laleh teaches and supervises graduate research theses at McGill and Concordia Universities. She has presented the results of her research in numerous conferences and has published more than ninety articles in scientific journals.
VOUS N’ÊTES PAS INTERESSÉ PAR CE COURS ?
Nous visons toujours à améliorer la qualité de nos cours. Veuillez sélectionner les raisons pour lesquelles vous pensez que ce cours est inadéquat (Cochez toutes les cases qui s’appliquent).
Note d’évaluation pour cette formation
Évaluation globale de ce cours par ses participants précédents !
UNITÉS & FRAIS
- 2 Heures de formation continue
149 $ (+ TPS/TVQ)Inscrivez-vous
Accumulez vos HEURES DE FORMATION CONTINUE
Tous les cours du CIPE vous permettent d’obtenir vos Heures de formation continue ; utiles pour ceux qui doivent accumuler et soumettre leurs Heures comme l’exige l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
Ces exigences de formation prennent fin le 31 mars 2023 !VOIR LES COURS
Formation en entreprise
Les AVANTAGES de la formation de groupe en ligne :
- Efficacité et coût
- Des cours de grandes qualité
- Obtenez un certificat avec des Heures de formation continue
Brochure de cours
Le CIPE a un catalogue informatif en format PDF qui contient tous les cours à venir.Téléchargez dès maintenant