Design Thinking: Empowering Leaders for Innovation and Success
les 5, 6, 7 et 8 mars 2024
Code : 0301-WEB24
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Assess current communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution methods using design thinking to create a new mindset.
- Apply design thinking principles to the mission and business practices of an organization.
- Understand the critical role of empathy in design thinking and its impact on engaging stakeholders equitably.
- Generate and prioritize ideas for quality improvement and pain points using ideation and prototyping techniques.
- Identify tested solutions to challenges facing an organization, including feedback from stakeholders and metrics to measure success.
The Design Thinking Course is a comprehensive training program designed to teach participants how to apply design thinking principles to their organization's mission and business practices. Through a combination of lectures, group exercises, and case studies, participants will gain a deep understanding of the principles of design thinking and learn how to apply them to real-world business challenges.
This training is ideal for anyone within the organization who is interested in innovation, problem-solving, and improving business practices. This includes managers, team leaders, product developers, designers, marketers, customer service representatives, and anyone involved in improving the customer experience or addressing organizational challenges internally or externally.
Who Should Attend:
Stakeholders: all stakeholders of the company
voir le programme complet
8:30 Introduction: Training Overview
- Agenda and takeaways
9:00 Communication Styles and the Current Environment
- Communication assessment using the 4 types of communication styles
- Strategies for working with each style using their strengths and other assets
- Understanding the individual values brought into the workplace
- How pressure and stress are communicated and addressed currently
- Operating points of trust and credibility
10:15 Collaboration and Conflict
- Collaborative models for progressing stalled conversation
- Dispute system design and the conflict resolution process
11:00 Essential Tools for Building Empathy
- A new understanding of empathy
- Listening to understand and using empathic capacity
- Empathy circles
- Empathy impact model
Part II: The Principles of Design Thinking
1:00 Understanding of Design Thinking
- Customer empathy
- Ideation and prototyping
- Pitching and presenting
- Collaboration and innovation
- Application of design thinking
1:45 Application to Problem-Solving
- Overview of an organization’s mission, funding streams, and application process
- Brain dump- issues, concerns, risk, pain points
- Understanding how design thinking can be integrated into an organization’s business model
2:30 Where Did Innovation Die
- What is innovation to an organization
- What stops innovation?
- Case study: how has design thinking been successful in organizations
- How has an organization supported innovation in the past?
3:30 Misguided Solutions Lead to Dysfunctional Organizations - when innovation dies, we create misguided solutions
- Leadership modelling, redundancy principle, and metarules
- Obscuring the original problem produces a new problem
- What dysfunction creates
- Miracle questions and reflective feedback
Day 2-Applying Design Thinking to an Organization’s Business Practices
8:30 Introduction: Recap and Day 2 Overview
- Day 1 recap
- Agenda and takeaways
9:00 Stakeholder Exploration
- Identifying all stakeholders
- Explore methods to gain a deeper understanding of an organization’s stakeholders
- Mapping of each stakeholder and their stake in an organization
- Seeking to understand stakeholder perspective and methods of collections, i.e. surveys, interviews, observations
10:00 Refreshments and Networking
10:15 Define and Synthesize
- Empathy circle- stakeholders’ perspective
- Defining the stakeholders’ needs (equity, funding, delivery of service, innovation)
- Defining the stakeholders’ problems that need solutions (application process, wait time, staffing compliance)
11:00 Defining a clear, concise, complete, actionable Problem Statement
- User interviews and observations
- Empathy mapping and problem framing
- Point of view statement
Part II: Prioritize the Problem
1:00 Perfecting the Problem Statement
- Framing the statement with user-centered approach language
- Tools to remove ambiguity
- Prioritize the problem by level of criticalness
- Integrating user context, environment, demographics, behaviors etc.
2:30 The Ideation Phase
- Three bucket theory
- Creative solutions- mind mapping
- Potential solutions- mind mapping
3:30 The Ideation Phase
- Role-play relay
- SCAMPER- Substitute, Combine, Adapt, Modify, Put to another use, Eliminate, and Reverse
Day 3: Design Thinking in Action
Prototyping: develop and test solutions to improve an organization’s business practices, such as the application process or communication with stakeholders.
Pitching and presenting: learn how to pitch and effectively present ideas to stakeholders and decision-makers.
Pitch presentation: present the proposed solution to an organization’s leadership team, receiving feedback and recommendations for the next steps.
Wrap-up and next steps: review the key takeaways from the training program.
8:30 Introduction: Recap and Day 3 Overview
- Day 2 recap
- Agenda and takeaways
9:00 Prototype Phase
- Empathy circle
- Building out your prototype
10:15 Testing and the Iterative Process
- Test the prototype with the group and seek feedback
- Analyze the feedback
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Iterate based on feedback
- Test the refined prototype
- Moving from refining to implementation
Part II: Perfecting the Pitch
1:00 The Stakeholder Pitch
- Group 1 final Presentation
- Group 2 final Presentation
- Group 3 final Presentation
- Group 4 final Presentation
2:30 Closing Out the Design Thinking Process
- Evaluate the results
- Document the outcomes
- Communicate the results
- Prepare for implementation
- Celebrate - building and sustaining morale
3:00 Questions and Answers, Feedback on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
3:15 Concluding Remarks and Final Adjournment
Kendria Taylor was a Sr. Executive for almost a decade before joining JBG Success Academy, one of the nation's premier training companies as a Senior Consultant. After working with JBG and loving the world of leadership training, she launched her own company, TG8 Solutions Insight.
Kendria holds a Masters in Family Studies from Amberton University and a Bachelors from the University of North Texas. With over 15 years of leadership experience in the public sector, she is also a published author of a children's book series titled, The Adventures of Jax and Riley. Kendria empowers managers and business leaders with her expertise in emotional intelligence, team integration systems, and professional ethics.
She is a highly sought-after keynote speaker for educational institutions and nonprofit organizations nationwide.
VOUS N’ÊTES PAS INTERESSÉ PAR CE COURS ?
Nous visons toujours à améliorer la qualité de nos cours. Veuillez sélectionner les raisons pour lesquelles vous pensez que ce cours est inadéquat (Cochez toutes les cases qui s’appliquent).
Note d’évaluation pour cette formation
Nous ne disposons pas suffisamment de réponses des participants pour générer une note pour cette formation.
UNITÉS & FRAIS
- 20 Heures de formation continue
1495 $ (+ TPS/TVQ)Inscrivez-vous
Accumulez vos heures de formation continue avec le CIPE
Tous les cours du CIPE vous permettent d’obtenir vos Heures de formation continue; utiles pour ceux qui doivent accumuler et soumettre leurs Heures comme l’exige l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) et l’Ordre des technologues professionnels du Québec (OTPQ).
Ces exigences de formation prennent fin le 31 mars 2025 pour l’OIQ et le 30 avril 2025 pour l’OTPQ !VOIR LES COURS
Formation en entreprise
Les AVANTAGES de la formation de groupe en ligne :
- Efficacité et coût
- Des cours de grandes qualité
- Obtenez un certificat avec des Heures de formation continue
Brochure de cours
Le CIPE a un catalogue informatif en format PDF qui contient tous les cours à venir.Téléchargez dès maintenant