Basics of Boiler Water Treatment
le 24 février 2023
Code : 0201-WEB23
After participating in this lecture you will be able to:
- Identify the types of boilers used in industrial and domestic applications, and recognize the principles of boiler operation
- Understand boiler water chemistry and identify chemical processes and techniques for the removal of water impurities
- Develop a better understanding of the external treatment processes for the boiler feed water
- Develop a better understanding of the conditioning and internal treatment processes for the boiler water
- Explain the treatment processes used in condensate systems
- Identify causes and mechanisms of problems, and recommend solutions related to boiler water chemistry
This webinar will discuss the types and specifications of boilers used in industrial or domestic applications and will focus on the pretreatment processes for boiler feed water as well as the internal treatment and conditioning of boiler water. Water treatment processes to prevent scaling, corrosion and foaming will be discussed with emphasis on clarification, softening, ion exchange, evaporation, reverse osmosis and de-aeration. The use of condensate systems and associated treatment processes will also be addressed.
- Types and specifications of boilers
- Purpose of boiler water treatment
- Objectives of external and internal treatment of boiler water
- Treatment processes used for the boiler feed water: External treatment
- Treatment and conditioning processes during internal treatment of boiler water
- Benefits of using condensate systems
- Treatment processes in condensate systems
- Typical problems and solutions related to boiler water chemistry
Who Should Attend
Engineers, operators and technicians involved in the operation, control, management and maintenance of boilers and power generators, environmental engineers, industrial staff, consulting engineers and chemists involved in boiler water treatment, and municipal planners, regulators and supervisors of boilers and steam generators.
Laleh Yerushalmi is the Chief Technology Officer of BioCAST Systems Inc. and Dagua Technologies Inc. She holds a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering and specializes in Environmental and Biochemical Engineering.
She is a professional engineer and member of l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec. Laleh is the inventor of BioCAST technologies and is currently in charge of research and development at BioCAST Systems Inc. and Dagua Technologies Inc. Laleh has more than twenty years of experience in the design, development and optimization of chemical and biological processes for wastewater treatment and site bioremediation.
She was formerly the Director of Research and Development, in charge of operation management and performance optimization of a proprietary wastewater treatment technology at Atara Corporation in Montreal. She has also been a Research Analyst at Statistics Canada, involved in environmental modeling, design and development of methodologies for the estimation of environmental emissions. She was formerly a Research Officer at the National Research Council of Canada, responsible for the design and development of groundwater treatment technologies. Laleh teaches and supervises graduate research theses at McGill and Concordia Universities. She has presented the results of her research in numerous conferences and has published more than ninety articles in scientific journals.
VOUS N’ÊTES PAS INTERESSÉ PAR CE COURS ?
Nous visons toujours à améliorer la qualité de nos cours. Veuillez sélectionner les raisons pour lesquelles vous pensez que ce cours est inadéquat (Cochez toutes les cases qui s’appliquent).
Note d’évaluation pour cette formation
Évaluation globale de ce cours par ses participants précédents !
UNITÉS & FRAIS
- 2 Heures de formation continue
149 $ (+ TPS/TVQ)Inscrivez-vous
Accumulez vos HEURES DE FORMATION CONTINUE
Tous les cours du CIPE vous permettent d’obtenir vos Heures de formation continue ; utiles pour ceux qui doivent accumuler et soumettre leurs Heures comme l’exige l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
Ces exigences de formation prennent fin le 31 mars 2023 !VOIR LES COURS
Formation en entreprise
Les AVANTAGES de la formation de groupe en ligne :
- Efficacité et coût
- Des cours de grandes qualité
- Obtenez un certificat avec des Heures de formation continue
Brochure de cours
Le CIPE a un catalogue informatif en format PDF qui contient tous les cours à venir.Téléchargez dès maintenant