Layout and Design of Process Plant Equipment and Piping Systems
les 22, 23, 24 et 25 novembre 2021
Code : 12-1118-ONL21
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Develop practical working knowledge of process equipment and piping systems layout
- Become familiar with design principles, procedures and best practices
- Determine the impact of layout and pipe routings options
- Familiarize yourself with the design and construction codes and standards for piping and process equipment
- Enhance your knowledge in stress analysis and better appreciate its role in avoiding failures
- Learn from catastrophic incidents that resulted from poor layout and design
Designing process plants is a complex and demanding process. The design of plant layout is one of the most important tasks before plant construction. A good plant layout can not only reduce capital cost, but can also help to improve the safety of the plant and reduce its environmental impact. Additionally, fast and easy access to the parts of the plant and the equipment is essential for effective operation and maintenance which means higher plant availability and longer time between failures. This course will familiarize participants with all aspects of process plant major equipment and piping systems.
This course will include several class workshops that will include case studies and selected practical real-world examples to be solved in teamwork.
- Design and sizing of various process equipment and piping
- Layout planning of process plant equipment and piping
- Design standards and code requirements
- Specifics of the design of piping support systems
- Piping thermal expansion & flexibility
- Pipe stress analysis & demonstration of software application
- Workshops: case studies, examples and solutions
Who Should Attend:
Engineers & Designers involved in Plant Design and Operation Activities • Project Engineers • Process and Piping Engineers • Contractors & Suppliers • Piping Design & Analysis Personnel • Recent Engineering Graduates.
10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern
Horaire : 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM EDT
voir le programme complet
DAY-1 Process Plant Layout and Design Principles
- Principles od Process Plant Design and Layout
- Design Codes: CSA, ASME, ANSI, NFPA, CFPA
- Concept of Safety by Design (Inherent Safety)
- Process Flow (PFD) & Piping & Instrument (P&ID) Diagrams
- Layout Planning and Design Requirements
- Site Location, Traffic, Utilities and Business Criteria
- Safety Considerations and HSE Regulations and Codes
- Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Aspects of Layout Plan
Day 2 –Process Equipment Layout and Design Approach
- Process Equipment Selection and Sizing
- Design Methodologies as Recommended by Standards
- HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA Analysis
- Design and Layout of Pressure Vessels and Storage tanks
- Design and Layout of Heat Exchangers
- Design and Layout of Process Heaters and Industrial Boilers
- Pressure Relief Devices
- Control Systems and Instrumentation
- Insulation Technologies and Heat Tracing
Day 3 – Piping Systems Layout and Design Strategies
- Pipe Sizes and Schedules
- Piping Design Codes and Standards – ASME B31.1 and B31.3
- Hydraulic Design - Fluid Flow and Pressure Drop: Pumping
- Mechanical (Structural) Design: Pressure Integrity
- Selection of Materials, Fabrication and Welding Techniques
- Pipe Support Selection and Optimization
- Piping Thermal Expansion and Design Approach Options
- Expansion Loops and Expansion Joints
- Piping Installation and Inspection
Day 4 – Optimization of Process Plant Equipment & Piping Systems Selection
- Optimization of Process Plant Layout & Equipment Spacing
- Prediction of Potential Failures of Process Equipment
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of Common Failures
- Risk Management & Mitigation Technologies: ALARP
- Equipment Inspection and Repair Technologies
- Fitness for Service (FFS) Analysis, per API 579
- Summary and Conclusions
Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
Concluding Remarks and Final Adjournment
Dr. Mike Ivanovic is President of UBAMIP Consulting, and also a former Adjunct Associate Professor at U of Toronto.
After working in the consulting group of ANSYS Canada Ltd., he now runs the private consulting company UBAMIP Consulting in Waterloo.
Mike has been very active in providing training courses of various levels of complexity for professionals in industry in Canada, USA and overseas.
His area of professional expertise has been the analysis and problem solving in operation of pressure systems, specifically of stationary components such as pressure vessels, storage tanks and piping systems, together with rotating machinery, such as pumps, compressors and turbines, in the process and petrochemical industry.
Technical consulting projects also included design, operation and maintenance of various thermal engineering components, such as heat exchangers and industrial heaters.
The focus in most of the projects has been on the equipment optimization, combined with the risk assessment and failure prevention technologies based on fitness for service studies and remaining life analysis.
VOUS N’ÊTES PAS INTERESSÉ PAR CE COURS ?
Nous visons toujours à améliorer la qualité de nos cours. Veuillez sélectionner les raisons pour lesquelles vous pensez que ce cours est inadéquat (Cochez toutes les cases qui s’appliquent).
Note d’évaluation pour cette formation
Évaluation globale de ce cours par ses participants précédents !
UNITÉS & FRAIS
- 28 Heures de formation continue
2595 $ (+ TPS/TVQ)Inscrivez-vous
Accumulez vos HEURES DE FORMATION CONTINUE
Tous les cours du CIPE vous permettent d’obtenir vos Heures de formation continue ; utiles pour ceux qui doivent accumuler et soumettre leurs Heures comme l’exige l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
Ces exigences de formation prennent fin le 31 mars 2023 !VOIR LES COURS
Formation en entreprise
Les AVANTAGES de la formation de groupe en ligne :
- Efficacité et coût
- Des cours de grandes qualité
- Obtenez un certificat avec des Heures de formation continue
Brochure de cours
Le CIPE a un catalogue informatif en format PDF qui contient tous les cours à venir.Téléchargez dès maintenant