Pumps and Compressors: Operation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
les 25, 26 et 27 mars 2024
Code : 14-0312-ONL24
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Better understanding functioning of internal elements of pumps and compressors
- Develop familiarity with the design and operating characteristics of pumps and compressors
- Investigate the root cause of problems when doing troubleshooting
- Make use of the results of the condition monitoring procedure
- Apply the guidelines for inspection, testing and maintenance
Pumps and compressors of various designs and applications are encountered throughout the process and petrochemical industry. Pumping systems and compressor stations sometimes have to provide transport of complex and challenging liquids and gases.
This course will cover important technical aspects of pumping and compressor systems in modern industrial applications. Centrifugal pumps, positive displacement rotary pumps, and multistage centrifugal and reciprocating compressors will be particularly interesting. The course will discuss the main elements of the construction of pumps and compressors and their role in various operating conditions. The focus will also be on maintenance, inspection and condition monitoring, including vibration, balancing and lubricating oil analysis.
This course will include several workshops with real-life case studies selected from everyday technical practice involving potential problems in operation and corresponding troubleshooting procedures. Problems will be solved through teamwork, and the results will be analyzed and discussed.
- Internal elements of pumps and compressors
- Performance characteristics and best efficient point
- Standards for operation and inspection of rotating machinery
- Common failure modes and troubleshooting methods
- Prevention of pump cavitation and compressor surge
- Maintenance procedures for the reliability of bearings and seals
Who Should Attend
Plant and facilities Engineers • Technicians and Operators • Maintenance Engineers and Technicians
9:30 am to 5:30 pm Eastern (Will include the usual breaks)
Horaire : 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM EDT
voir le programme complet
Day-1: Centrifugal and Positive Displacement Pumps
- Characteristics of pumps in the industry
- Positive displacement pumps
- Centrifugal pumps, according to API standards
- Centrifugal pump characteristic curves: best efficiency point
- Cavitation prevention
- Pump structural elements: impellers, shafts, bearings, seals
- Flow control optimization
- Pump stations: pumps in parallel and in series
- Pumps for HVAC and other special applications
Day-2: Centrifugal, Axial and Reciprocating Compressors
- Characteristics of compressors in the industry
- Main elements of centrifugal compressor construction
- Design and construction of impellers, bearings and seals
- System curves & performance characteristics
- Capacity control methods: analysis of efficiency
- Safety components: control of surge and stall
- Positive displacement compressors: Reciprocating & Rotary
- Criteria for selecting the optimum compressor
- Compressor stations and pipelines: design and layout
Day-3: Pumps and Compressors: Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Piping systems: upstream (inlet) and downstream (discharge)
- Guidelines for installation, commissioning, start-up
- Auxiliary systems: pressure safety controls
- Lubrication system and cooling system
- Condition monitoring: vibration measurements
- Predictive maintenance management and reliability planning
- Inspection and performance testing
- Troubleshooting problems in the operation
- Fitness for service analysis (FFS) – API 579
Dr. Mike Ivanovic is President of UBAMIP Consulting, and also former Adjunct Associate Professor with over 30 years of experience in the field of thermal engineering. After working in the consulting group of ANSYS Canada Ltd., he now runs the private consulting company UBAMIP Consulting, dealing with analysis and problem solving in operation of vital stationary and rotating equipment in the process and petrochemical industry. Mike has also been active in providing training technical courses of various levels of complexity for professionals in industry in Canada, USA and overseas.
His area of expertize among others, includes design, operation and maintenance of various types of storage tanks, pressure vessels, piping systems, including pumps and compressors. The focus in the consulting projects has been on the risk assessment during operation and maintenance activities, as well as equipment failure analysis and accident prevention technologies based on the results of inspection and fitness for service studies.
VOUS N’ÊTES PAS INTERESSÉ PAR CE COURS ?
Nous visons toujours à améliorer la qualité de nos cours. Veuillez sélectionner les raisons pour lesquelles vous pensez que ce cours est inadéquat (Cochez toutes les cases qui s’appliquent).
Note d’évaluation pour cette formation
Évaluation globale de ce cours par ses participants précédents !
UNITÉS & FRAIS
- 21 Heures de formation continue
1995 $ (+ TPS/TVQ)Inscrivez-vous
Accumulez vos heures de formation continue avec le CIPE
Tous les cours du CIPE vous permettent d’obtenir vos Heures de formation continue; utiles pour ceux qui doivent accumuler et soumettre leurs Heures comme l’exige l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) et l’Ordre des technologues professionnels du Québec (OTPQ).
Ces exigences de formation prennent fin le 31 mars 2023 pour l’OIQ et le 30 avril 2023 pour l’OTPQ !VOIR LES COURS
Formation en entreprise
Les AVANTAGES de la formation de groupe en ligne :
- Efficacité et coût
- Des cours de grandes qualité
- Obtenez un certificat avec des Heures de formation continue
Brochure de cours
Le CIPE a un catalogue informatif en format PDF qui contient tous les cours à venir.Téléchargez dès maintenant