Pumps and Compressors: Selection, Operation and Maintenance
les 6, 7 et 8 avril 2022
Code : 12-0409-ONL22
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Better understand functioning of internal elements of pumps and compressors
- Develop familiarity with design and operating characteristics of pumps and compressors
- Investigate the root cause of problems when doing troubleshooting
- Make use of the results of condition monitoring procedure
- Apply the guidelines for inspection, testing and maintenance
Pumps and compressors of various designs and applications, are encountered throughout the process and petrochemical industry. Pumping systems and compressors stations sometimes have to provide transport of complex and difficult liquids and gases
This course will cover important technical aspects of pumping and compressor systems as encountered in modern industrial applications. Of special interest will be centrifugal pumps and positive displacement pumps, as well as multistage centrifugal and reciprocating compressors. The course will provide explanation of vital elements of construction of pumps and compressors, their role and proper functioning and operating conditions. The focus will also be on maintenance, inspection and condition monitoring, including vibration, balancing and lubricating oil analysis.
The course will include several workshops with real-life case studies selected from everyday technical practice involving potential problems in operation and corresponding troubleshooting procedures. The problem solutions will be explained and discussed.
- Internal elements of pumps and compressors
- Performance characteristics and best efficient point
- Standards for operation and inspection of rotating machinery
- Common failure modes and troubleshooting methods
- Prevention of pump cavitation and compressor surge
- Maintenance procedures for reliability of bearings and seals
Who Should Attend
Plant and facilities Managers • Engineers • Technicians and Supervisors • Operations Personnel • Stationary Engineers • Consultants and Contractors
10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern (Will include the usual breaks)
Horaire : 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM EDT
voir le programme complet
Day-1: Centrifugal and Positive Displacement Pumps
- Main elements of centrifugal pump construction
- Design and construction of impellers, bearings and seals
- Pumping system operating curves and characteristics
- Sizing of pump based on piping layout
- Selection of on the basis of specific speed and affinity laws
- Guidelines for efficient pump operation
- Avoiding pump cavitation: design of pump intake piping
- Methods of flow rate control: throttling and RPM control
- Pumps working in parallel and in series
- Positive displacement pumps: reciprocating and rotary
- Pumps for special applications
- Guidelines for pump installation and efficient operation
- Balancing, alignment and vibration problems
- Workshop: Case study, problems and solutions
Day-2: Centrifugal, Axial and Reciprocating Compressors
- Single-stage and multi-stage compression: heat removal
- Main elements of centrifugal compressor construction
- Design & construction of impellers, bearings and seals
- Compressor system curves & performance characteristics
- Compressor capacity control methods
- Analysis of centrifugal compressor efficiency
- Compressor safety components
- Guidelines for trouble-free operation: surge and stall
- Positive displacement compressors: Reciprocating & Rotary
- Basic criteria for selecting optimum compressor
- Compressor loadings & noise control and protection
- Compressors for special applications
- Guidelines for compressor installation and efficient operation
- Workshop: Case study, problems and solutions
Day-3: Pumps and Compressors: Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Guidelines for installation, commissioning and start-up
- Auxiliary systems: Pressure safety controls
- Lubrication system and cooling system
- Condition monitoring: lube oil and vibration measurements
- Predictive maintenance management and reliability planning
- Inspection, maintenance, performance testing
- Troubleshooting of problems in operation
- Fitness for service analysis
- Workshop on maintenance and troubleshooting
Dr. Mike Ivanovic is President of UBAMIP Consulting, and also a former Adjunct Associate Professor at U of Toronto.
After working in the consulting group of ANSYS Canada Ltd., he now runs the private consulting company UBAMIP Consulting in Waterloo.
Mike has been very active in providing training courses of various levels of complexity for professionals in industry in Canada, USA and overseas.
His area of professional expertise has been the analysis and problem solving in operation of pressure systems, specifically of stationary components such as pressure vessels, storage tanks and piping systems, together with rotating machinery, such as pumps, compressors and turbines, in the process and petrochemical industry.
Technical consulting projects also included design, operation and maintenance of various thermal engineering components, such as heat exchangers and industrial heaters.
The focus in most of the projects has been on the equipment optimization, combined with the risk assessment and failure prevention technologies based on fitness for service studies and remaining life analysis.
VOUS N’ÊTES PAS INTERESSÉ PAR CE COURS ?
Nous visons toujours à améliorer la qualité de nos cours. Veuillez sélectionner les raisons pour lesquelles vous pensez que ce cours est inadéquat (Cochez toutes les cases qui s’appliquent).
Note d’évaluation pour cette formation
Évaluation globale de ce cours par ses participants précédents !
UNITÉS & FRAIS
- 21 Heures de formation continue
1995 $ (+ TPS/TVQ)Inscrivez-vous
Accumulez vos HEURES DE FORMATION CONTINUE
Tous les cours du CIPE vous permettent d’obtenir vos Heures de formation continue ; utiles pour ceux qui doivent accumuler et soumettre leurs Heures comme l’exige l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
Ces exigences de formation prennent fin le 31 mars 2023 !VOIR LES COURS
Formation en entreprise
Les AVANTAGES de la formation de groupe en ligne :
- Efficacité et coût
- Des cours de grandes qualité
- Obtenez un certificat avec des Heures de formation continue
Brochure de cours
Le CIPE a un catalogue informatif en format PDF qui contient tous les cours à venir.Téléchargez dès maintenant