Pumps and Pipe Systems - Features and Technology
les 27, 28 et 29 septembre 2022
Code : 13-0906-ONL22
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Familiarize with performance characteristics of centrifugal pumps
- Apply pipe system standards and codes for design safety of operation
- Perform calculation of pipe flow, pressure drop and pumping power
- Understand procedure for inspection of piping systems
- Follow the best practices for maintenance and repair of piping systems
The reliable operation of pumps and mechanical integrity of piping systems is essential to the cost-effective operation of industrial facilities. This course will present the technical characteristics and functioning of all types of pumps with the focus on centrifugal pumps. Calculation of fluid flow and pressure drop in piping system will be explained in detail, as well as selection of the right pump for the given application. Best practices for efficient operation and maintenance of pumps and piping systems will be discussed.
This course will have several class workshops that will include case studies and selected practical real-world examples to be solved in teamwork.
- Fluid Flow in Pipes and Pumps
- Positive Displacement Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Cavitation Prevention Methods
- Pump Selection and Installation
- Pipe Connections & Systems
- Pump & Pipe Condition Monitoring
- Maintenance of Pumps & Pipe Systems
Who Should Attend
Plant & Facilities managers • Engineers • Technicians & Supervisors who need to be familiar with the fundamentals associated with pumps and pipe systems • Plant & facilities operations personnel• Managers • engineers • Technicians & Supervisors responsible for plants and facilities• Stationary Engineers • Consultants & Contractors • Personnel in the food, chemical, petrochemical, pulp and paper, pharmaceutical, water utility and energy industries will find this course of particular interest.
9:30 am to 5:30 pm Eastern (Will include the usual breaks)
Horaire : 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM EDT
voir le programme complet
DAY - 1
- Overview of Pumps in Industry
- Pump Standards and Codes
- Positive Displacement Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps: Characteristic Curves
- Pump Selection
- Problems in Operation and Cavitation Prevention
- Pumps in Parallel and in Series
- Flow Control Optimization
- Pump Structural Elements: Impellers, Bearings, Seals
- Installation and Commissioning
- Condition Monitoring Analysis
- Inspection and Testing
- Maintenance and Repair Program
DAY - 3
- Overview of Industrial Piping
- Pipe Codes & Standards
- Pipe Material Selection and Connections
- Fluid Flow in Pipes: Hydraulic Design
- Piping Structural Analysis: Mechanical Design
- Stress Analysis and Pipe Support Calculation
- Inspection & Maintenance of Pipe Systems
Dr. Mike Ivanovic is President of UBAMIP Consulting, and also former Adjunct Associate Professor with over 30 years of experience in the field of thermal engineering. After working in the consulting group of ANSYS Canada Ltd., he now runs the private consulting company UBAMIP Consulting, dealing with analysis and problem solving in operation of vital stationary and rotating equipment in the process and petrochemical industry. Mike has also been active in providing training technical courses of various levels of complexity for professionals in industry in Canada, USA and overseas.
His area of expertize among others, includes design, operation and maintenance of various types of storage tanks, pressure vessels, piping systems, including pumps and compressors. The focus in the consulting projects has been on the risk assessment during operation and maintenance activities, as well as equipment failure analysis and accident prevention technologies based on the results of inspection and fitness for service studies.
VOUS N’ÊTES PAS INTERESSÉ PAR CE COURS ?
Nous visons toujours à améliorer la qualité de nos cours. Veuillez sélectionner les raisons pour lesquelles vous pensez que ce cours est inadéquat (Cochez toutes les cases qui s’appliquent).
Note d’évaluation pour cette formation
Évaluation globale de ce cours par ses participants précédents !
UNITÉS & FRAIS
- 21 Heures de formation continue
1995 $ (+ TPS/TVQ)Inscrivez-vous
Accumulez vos HEURES DE FORMATION CONTINUE
Tous les cours du CIPE vous permettent d’obtenir vos Heures de formation continue ; utiles pour ceux qui doivent accumuler et soumettre leurs Heures comme l’exige l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
Ces exigences de formation prennent fin le 31 mars 2023 !VOIR LES COURS
Formation en entreprise
Les AVANTAGES de la formation de groupe en ligne :
- Efficacité et coût
- Des cours de grandes qualité
- Obtenez un certificat avec des Heures de formation continue
Brochure de cours
Le CIPE a un catalogue informatif en format PDF qui contient tous les cours à venir.Téléchargez dès maintenant